Outstanding Keynote Speaker and Artist Demonstrations are coming your way for some great learning experiences!
News from other sources:
Once we receive a completed survey, we post it to our Election Center and we send the candidate's response directly to advocates in their district who are registered in our VoterVoice system. Some of you have already receive these. If you have not, candidate(s) in your district have not responded yet. We encourage to ask your Legislature candidates to complete the survey at this link.
In the meantime, the best way to prepare for the election is to ensure you are registered to vote. The Secretary of State has a wonderful site where you can:
- Register to vote online
- Locate your polling place
- Check the status of your provisional and absentee ballot
- May 5, 2016 - In-person Primary Voter Registration Deadline
- May 10, 2016 - Primary Election
The Douglas County Fair in Omaha is in search of a person or group to help oversee our Fine Arts division for the upcoming Fair July 21-23, 2016 at the Crossroads Mall in Omaha.
- Review current Fine Art division for Fair book
- Provide a contact for questions from fair entrants
- Be on-site Wednesday, July 20th for area set-up and judging
- Arrange for a person or persons to judge entries (we do pay judges)
- Place ribbons on entries post-judging.
There is a stipend paid for this. I have attached the current division we have in our Fair book. Please let Rita know if this is something you would be interested in or if there is someone you know who may be. Contact Rita Clark, Fair Manager.