1 week Until We Create Memories Together!
Register by September 14th to reserve meals!
Check it out now! Prices increasing Sept. 14th. There is still time to register early for the 2015 NATA Instill Art / Install Art Conference Sept. 17 - 19th in Omaha, NE. Check out the draft schedule of events.
- NEW - K-12 Student tickets for Skoglund lecture $5.00 each.
- A limited supply of short and long sleeve orange shirts with the conference design on the front are still available. Order now to guarantee your T-Shirt at fall conference. Order here.
- Join NOW so you can enter the LOTTERY to be in a workshop with keynote presenter Sandy Skoglund! 60 members can register and 30 will be drawn for the workshop on Sandy's birthday September 11th!
- Take advantage of the opportunity to join art educators, community members and art patrons for lunch with Sandy Skoglund at Gallery 72.
- If you are not a member of NATA, consider attending fall conference and paying the non-member price. You will be offered an opportunity to sign up for a membership at the registration desk and NATA will pay your membership for the next year.
See the draft AGENDA.
Please join us following fall conference for our board meeting. September 19, 2015, 4:30-7:00pm dinner meeting:
Johnnys Italian Steakhouse
Village Pointe Shopping Center, 305 N 170th St
Omaha, NE 68118.
Dinner will be served starting at 5:00pm. If you will be attending please notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Join colleagues from around the world to gain fresh lesson ideas and inspiration for a vibrant new school year—all from the convenience of your computer or tablet!
Broadcast live from the Phillips Collection in Washington, DC, the 2015 NAEA Back-To-School Virtual Conference is your direct connection to professional learning and creative professionals! Explore Learning and Leading in a Visual Age with Maria Fabrizio, Illustrator and Communications Designer, Wordless News; and D'Wayne Edwards, founder of Pensole Footwear Design Academy. Take the insight shared by the artists even further when educators from DC schools and museums share lessons and classroom experiences inspired by the work of the keynote speakers. Interact in real-time with presenters, as well as art education professionals around the world who are engaging in the NAEA Virtual Conference experience!
New From Other Sources...
514 Seward Street :: Seward, NE
Saturday, September 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th | 7:30 p.m.
Dr. Tom Cabaret Show
DR. TOM CABARET PIANO SHOW :: the Eclectic Jazzability: Piano, vocals, and a micro monologue or two spanning five or six decades of swing, R&B, jazz, country, and whatever musical prescription the doctor might write in the moment. Dr Tom is our featured musician for the Red Path Gallery & Tasting Room event is free and open to the public.
LAF Volunteers Needed!
Less than 3 weeks to fill slots for Sept 25, 26 and 27. Even an hour or two makes a difference. It is work, but it's also FUN (we don’t call it LAF for nothing) Check your calendar starting Friday, September 25th, Saturday, September 26th from 7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, September 27th from 7:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. What catches YOUR fancy?
- Booth sitting for artists
- Getting a work out setting up and tearing down (set up on the morning of Friday September 25, tearing down Sunday, 27th 5:00 p.m.)
- Artist Check In
- Artist Hospitality
- Admission Gate
100 artists and 25 newcomers....from coast to coast and a wonderful selection from our region…Lincoln Arts Festival presents their latest creations. Join us for a wonderful weekend of music, art activities for kids, and a heart full of artistic enchantment.
Explore new forms of art for your collection, or begin a collection for someone you care about. There is art at prices for everyone. Wear a beautiful piece of fiber art by award winning artists like Karen Gelbard, or invest in a gorgeous piece of unique jewelry by Joseph Cyberski, expand your glass collection with a Scott Hartley (a festival favorite). There are new pieces by emerging artists like Scott Grossenbacher, a sculptor of familiar pieces giving them new life. Check out many newcomers like jeweler David Barber or painter Sue Perez. The list goes on.
We will be celebrating art with you in the west parking lot at SouthPointe Pavilions on Saturday, September 26th from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday, September 27th from 10:00 AM till 5:00 PM.