NATA Perspective Summer Issue Published
You can access the current issue in Members Only. There are great tips and ideas of teaching and leadership, tons of images from student entries in Scholastic and Congressional Art Caucus, and reports from several events in the last few months. If you have forgotten the members only password, please refer to your members only listserv message or email Lynette.
Website or Blog?
NATA Members will you share your website or blog with others? Please let us know and we will be glad to add you to our blog sidebar. See the amazing art experiences going on around Nebraska!
NATA Summer Board Meeting Scheduled
July 16th, 12:30-4:00pm, LUX Center for the Arts, 2601 N 48th Street, Lincoln 68504. You may view the agenda. We hope all members will consider attending for the discussion of new short and long term goals and focus of NATA services. Please contact Lynette if you plan to attend so we can have a light lunch for you.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please provide your input about the NATA services you use regularly and wish to continue receiving by completing this survey.
Looking for Fall Conference Vendors / Donations of Silent Auction Items
If you have a business or know of someone that may support our association, please send them to our vendor / donation registration. Vendors may set up booths at fall conference for a fee (non-profits are free). We also collect website advertising and silent auction donations through this form submission. These funds help pay for the amazing professional development we can offer through fall conference. This year you will experience Sandy Skoglund!
NAEA Board Leadership Changes
Excerpt Letter from NAEA President, Patricia Franklin and NAEA Executive Director, Deborah Reeve:
We are delighted to announce that NAEA Past President, Dennis Inhulsen, will assume these responsibilities as a consultant to NAEA in the role of Chief Learning Officer. He will bring great energy and focus to NAEA's development and delivery of comprehensive professional learning opportunities aligned with the new standards.
NAEA Board has approved the appointment of immediate Past President Dr. Robert Sabol to fill the vacated Board position by serving an interim term beginning July 1, 2015 and ending March 4, 2017. Very special thanks to Bob Sabol for his willingness to provide Board service under these special circumstances as NAEA experiences new growth.
5 Reasons to Register Now!
1. 2020 Action Agenda for Advancing the Arts in Education The Partnership's goal is for every young person in America to have equitable access to high quality arts learning opportunities by the year 2020!
That's our target, and everything about this year's Forum is centered on it. Check out the Action Agenda and come on board!
2. Anya Kamenetz! Anya Kamenetz, Educational Futurist and Lead Education Writer for NPR, is the keynote speaker! Anya will also host a book signing for her new book The Test, about the past, present, and future of assessment.
3. Twenty-one Awesome Small Group Sessions Learn about recent innovations and new developments in arts education policy, research, and practice from the experts that are leading change in schools and communities across the nation. Look for more details about these sessions in the next AEP ArtsEd Digest!
4. Reception at the Torpedo Factory Art Center An Alexandria landmark located on the Potomac Riverfront, the Torpedo Factory Art Center is home to the largest collection of publicly accessible working artist studios in the country. Forum attendees can network and grab a drink at a private reception there on September 1.
5. Early Registration Ends July 5! We expect this Forum to sell-out! Get your seat now before the early registration rate ends on July 5.
Please visit the AEP National Forum webpage for more information about registration and hotel.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Nebraska Art Teachers Association
Check out these active NATA members sites