Watch your email for your presentation notification! If you will be presenting please notify Lynette Fast of your presentation name, date, and time. A brochure of Nebraska presenters will be published for you to print and pass out at convention.
Voting will be processed online during the 2016 election via a secure ballot voting system. All NATA members will receive an email weekly with a voting link during the month before elections close February 15th. Once you place your vote, you will not receive any further email reminders. All members will be notified of the election results after the close of the election.
Deb Goodenberger, 2016 McCook Fall Conference Chair, is seeking NATA members to help plan and facilitate the conference. A meeting will be scheduled in January. There are many roles one may choose from and volunteering in your teacher's association is another way of achieving professional growth. Please contact Deb right away if you would be interested in volunteering. Here's a few of the responsibilities in planning and facilitating a conference.
- Conference Chair: Oversees and facilitates organization and communications of entire conference planning. Solicits funding through private donation and grant writing.
- Vendor/Supply/Donation Coordinator - contacts, solicits, communicates with Vendors, Local Businesses, and Members to display goods at conference, donate supplies for workshops, donate goods for silent auction, small monetary donations, etc. Computer skills necessary with google drive and email communications.
- Registration Coordinator - Works with webmaster to set up online registration. Monitors registrations and payments. Solicits payments from participants that forget to pay. Monitors workshop registrations, etc. Computer skills necessary with google drive and email communications.
- Member Awards Banquet Coordinator: Sets up location and plans menu. Keep track of registrations and meals. Coordinate with the Caterer.
- Art Educators Exhibition Coordinator: Organizes location and plans exhibit and reception. Collaborate with Advocacy Exhibition Chairs.
- Member Presentation Coordinator: Solicits, coordinates, schedules member presentations. Work with webmaster. Computer skills necessary with google drive and email communications.
- Budget/ Financing Coordinator: Monitor conference expenses and work with conference chair to write grants, solicit monetary contributions generally from local sponsors. Computer skills necessary with google drive and email communications. Work with the treasurer to coordinate security deposits and submit requests for payments.
- Graphic Designer/ Marketing: Create conference program, fliers, thank you notes, news releases, etc. for all conference and committee needs. Computer skills necessary with google drive and email communications. Coordinate with webmaster news releases and member communications.
- Electronics Coordinator: Organize electronic needs for presentations and workshops.
- Workshop Coordinator: Plan, solicit materials, coordinate with workshop leaders room organization, set up, supplies, etc. Work with registration coordinator to monitor workshop registration and scheduling.
- Student Member Coordinator: Work with NATA Student Representatives to organize activities of interest for PreService teachers. Solicit colleges to bring student groups. Serve as liaison between conference planning and college professors around the state.
- Worker Bees: Assist the conference chair with needs during conference. Coordinate, answer questions, facilitate electronic needs, know what is going on and help take some of the load off.
- Courtesy: Provide water, personal needs to keynote speakers, workshop leaders, assist where needed to serve the personal needs of people in charge of the conference activities.