STUDENT EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITY AT THE NEBRASKA ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL BOARDS STATE CONFERENCE
On November 19-21, the Nebraska Association of School Boards (NASB) will be hosting their state convention in LaVista. We will have a display of K-12 student work at the conference. Each NATA member may display two pieces of 2-dimensional art (no larger than 12X18 or matted 16X22) at the exhibit as a member benefit - no cost to members. You will send your art work with representatives from your school district who are attending the convention. NATA will collect, inventory, and display the work. Then, before the representatives from your school district leave the conference, they will pick up the work and take it back home to you. Each participating student artist will receive a certificate of participation and each representative will receive an advocacy flyer that will help you advocate for why every child in Nebraska deserves an art education.
We hope you will consider participating in the special exhibit offered to NATA Members ONLY! We see this as a great way to celebrate your students and get the message out to school board stakeholders about the importance of art education for children in Nebraska.
Please get information now and register! REGISTRATION DEADLINE NOVEMBER 12TH!
Here's to strong art education experiences for all students in Nebraska!
Jody Boyer and Jocelyn Reiss
NATA CO-Exhibits Chairs, YAM, NASB, and Art Educator Show Coordinators
Email Jody Boyer your questions.
2014 NATA Award Winners
- Nebraska Outstanding Art Educator of the Year: Dr. Lisa Kastello, UN-K, Kearney, NE
- Museum Art Educator of the Year: Laura Huntimer, Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, NE
- Higher Education Art Educator of the Year: Dr. Stephanie Baer, UN-K, Kearney, NE
- K-12 Art Educator of the Year: Sarah Wegenast, Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, NE
- Secondary Art Educator of the Year: Jane Langenfeld, Mercy High School, Omaha, NE
- Middle School Art Educator of the Year: Jody Boyer, Omaha Public Schools, Omaha, NE
- Elementary Art Educator of the Year: Michelle Hayes-Roddy, Field Club Elementary, Omaha, NE
- Roscoe Shields Service Award: Sr. Margaret Proskovec, Retired, Grand Island, NE
- Prism Award (service by non-art educators):
- Ron Cone, ESU 10, Kearney, NE
- John Fronczak, UN-K, Kearney, NE
- Dave Perkins, ESU 7, Columbus, NE
Another glimpse at 2014 Fall Conference
FUNDRAISER DONATIONS WARRANT ALL TIME HIGH! $1941.00
Thank you to all the amazing supporters of the NATA Silent Auction and Raffle Fundraisers during Fall Conference! Look at the wonderful items that the banquet attendees bid on! Thank you to all that donated items and made purchases. Your support is amazing!
What do YOU DO WITH your students to advocate for Art Education?
HERE'S WHY SOME TEACHERS RETURN TO TEACH EVERY YEAR......
.....The excitement of the creative process is integral to designing high quality lesson plans. I feel like an artist in the classroom while I'm creating a dynamic adventure with students.
.....I GET to return every year and live my dream!
.....To share with students how much of the world is visual and how to interpret those images.